Business Process Automation (BPA), also known as Business Automation or Digital Transformation, is the technology-enabled automation of complex business processes. It streamlines the businesses for;
- Achieve Digital Transformation,
- Increase Service Quality,
- Improve service delivery with a less cost,
It consists of integrating applications, restructuring labor resources and using software applications throughout the organization. Overall, it is a “concept” to bring significant productivity gain at service operations.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is an emerging field within BPA and uses Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Deployment of BPA
BPAs can be implemented in a number of business areas including finance, procurement and logistic, information technology, human resources, marketing, sales, workflow and more.
BPA journey starts with leveraging existing build-out to deliver the next generation of digital solutions.
Key Notes & Summary
- BPA need rises against an increasing volume on operational transactions which is non-value adding but causes higher and higher operational costs
- RPA tools are used to realize the BPA concept
- AI is an enabling and empowering technology for higher value gain
- BPA helps in streamlining business operations at the process level as well as simplifies target system utilization, and increase flexibility and scalability
- BPA is a journey…The journey requires the evolution of operations along with the technology…The employees are the core of the success in this journey so that as a whole (processes, culture, employees) can be shifted to the Next-Level of Operations (Digital Operations).
- The success for BPA is “change“…is “productivity“…is “thinking outside the box“…is “radical re-design“… is “speed“…
Kind Regards, Erhan Ok